Ever since I was in elementary school, I’ve loved to save quotes that move me in notebooks and share them with others.
While I don’t write down every single passage that touches me anymore, I do like to go over some of my favorite quotes from time to time to remind and inspire myself.
Each and every one of the following quotes is so close to my heart, and makes me believe in my ability to positively impact everyone I come across.
In sharing them here, I hope they motivate you to spread goodness wherever you may be in the world as well.
Are you struggling to feel content, happy, and at peace? Do you want to learn how to meet your full potential and become the best version of yourself possible? Reach out to me here.
1. “To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times, what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks but a special heart that listens.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. Abdullah ibn Umar (ra) reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah ﷺ circling the Ka’bah and saying, “How pure you are and how pure is your fragrance! How great you are and how great is your sanctity! By the one in whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, the sanctity of the believer is greater to Allah than your sanctity, in his wealth, his life, and to assume nothing of him but good.” [Sunan Ibn Majah]
4. “Allah does not forget the good you do, nor does He forget the good you did to others and the pain you relieved them from. Nor will He forget the eye which was about to cry but you made it laugh. ” – Ibn ul Qayyim رحمة الله عليه
5. “The mark of a spiritual man or woman is a listening heart, not a lecturing tongue.” – Gary Thomas
6. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
7. “Be the kind of person who isn’t afraid to ask someone if they are okay twice if they say they are, but look like they aren’t. Be the kind of person who smiles at people even if they don’t smile back. Be the kind of person you wished for when no one was there for you. Be the kind of person who is brave enough to stand alone in a crowd for what is right. Be that person because we need more people like that in the world. Be that person because people like that are rarer than the rarest diamonds and gold.” – Nikita Gill
8. “الأرواح الراقيه هي التي تجرعت الألم فتجنبت أن تذيق الآخرين مرارته
The finest souls are those who gulped pain and avoided making others taste its bitterness. ” – Unknown
9. “If you planted hope today in a heart that felt alone, if you caused a laugh that chased some tears away, if someone’s burden was made lighter because of your kindness, then your day was well spent.” – Healing Hugs
10. “I’ve noticed something about people who make a difference in the world: They hold the unshakable conviction that individuals are extremely important, that every life matters. They get excited over one smile. They are willing to feed one stomach, educate one mind, and treat one wound. They aren’t determined to revolutionize the world all at once; they’re satisfied with small changes. Over time, though, the small changes add up. Sometimes they even transform cities and nations, and yes, the world.” – Beth Clark
11. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
What’s your favorite quote, the one that inspires you every time you read it? Leave a comment below to let me know!
Khadija Khan is a wife, mommy, certified life coach, and Islamic counselor. She is passionate about helping Muslim women reach their goals in all areas of life. She writes about things like Islamic spirituality, relationships, parenting, and personal development. Continue Reading…