Life doesn’t always turn out the way you want it to. Sometimes things happen and you just can’t seem to make peace with them. There is anger, resentment, hurt, and disappointment in your heart that lingers no matter how hard you try to drive it out.
It is in those times that I have found these sayings to deeply resonate with me and bring me comfort. I hope they offer the same peace to anyone who reads them.
1. “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better. You must convince your heart that whatever God has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you.” – Imam Ghazali (ra)
2. “What is destined for you will reach you even if it is beneath two mountains. What is not destined for you will not reach you even if it is between your two lips.” – Hadhrat Umar bin Khattab (ra)
3. The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: “The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive for that which will benefit you, seek the help of Allah, and do not feel helpless. If anything befalls you, do not say, “if only I had done such and such” rather say “Qaddara Allahu wa ma sha’a fa’ala (Allah has decreed and whatever he wills, He does).” For (saying) ‘If’ opens (the door) to the deeds of Satan.” – Sunan Ibn Majah
4. “I am sure that God keeps no one waiting unless He sees that it is good for him to wait.” – C.S. Lewis
5. “If God showed you all He has planned for you it would boggle your mind. If you could see the doors He’s going to open, the opportunities that will cross your path, and the people who will show up, you’d be so amazed, excited, and passionate, it would be easy to set your mind for victory. This is what faith is all about. You got to believe it before you see it. God’s favor is surrounding you like a shield. Every setback is a setup for a comeback. Every bad break, every disappointment, and every person who does you wrong is part of the plan to get you to where you’re supposed to be.” – Joel Osteen
Feeling low in your spirituality & faith?
6. “Whatever you lost through fate, be certain that it saved you from pain.” – Maulana Rumi (ra)
7. One of the righteous predecessors said: “I make Dua to Allah (swt) for something I want, and if He gives it to me then I’m happy once and if He doesn’t give it to me then I’m happy ten times because the first was my choice and the second was Allah’s choice.”
8. The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: “Wondrous is the affair of the believer for there is good for him in every matter and this is not the case with anyone except the believer. If something good happens to him, then he thanks Allah and thus there is good for him, and if something bad happens to him, then he shows patience and thus there is good for him.” – Sahih Muslim
9. “If we had perfect power to determine our destinies, and perfect vision to see the future and know what is best for us, we would choose exactly the fate that Allah has chosen for us.” – Imam Ghazali (ra)
Which of these quotes resonated with you the most? Comment below to let me know.